Access to central government accounts and value for money reports by the Office of the Comptroller and Auditor General.
The role of the Office is to:
- Audit and report on the accounts of public bodies
- Establish that transactions of public bodies are in accordance with the legal authorities governing them and that funds are applied for the purposes intended
- Provide assurance on the system of internal financial control put in place by each body
- Examine whether each body administers its resources economically and efficiently and has mechanisms in place to evaluate the effectiveness of operations
- Authorise the release of funds from the Exchequer for purposes permitted by law