A public consultation is now underway on a draft Fisheries Natura Plan for Cockle in Dundalk Bay for 2021-2025 and the associated Appropriate Assessment documents.
The draft Fisheries Natura Plan (FNP) for cockle in Dundalk Bay, developed and submitted by the Fisheries Committee of the Dundalk Local Advisory Committee (LAC), follows on from previous 5 year plans. The Appropriate Assessment report has been prepared by the Marine Institute in keeping with the European Union (Birds and Natural Habitats) (Sea-fisheries) Regulations 2013.
The draft Plan and associated assessment report documents can be viewed below:
- Determination on Appropriate Assessment
- MI Appropriate Assessment Report Dundalk Cockle 2021-2025
- Annex I – Draft Fisheries Natura Plan for Dundalk Bay 2021-2025
- Annex II – Effects of Cockle Fishing on Habitats in Dundalk Bay
- Annex III – Review of the Dundalk Bay Cockle FNP 2016-2020
- Annex IV: Distribution of waterbirds in relation to cockle fishing 2010
- Annex V: Dundalk Bay Report on aerial surveys January 2019
If you wish to respond to this consultation, you are invited to complete same online here
Please note: - The survey will not operate correctly using Internet Explorer. To participate in the survey you should use a different browser.
You can also download and complete the Consultation Document below.
The completed consultation document can be returned via email or post and marked with the subject Draft FNP for Cockle in Dundalk Bay 2021-2025
Marine Programmes Division
Department of Agriculture Food & Marine, National Seafood Centre, Clonakilty. Co. Cork,
, P85 TX47