Following last night's heavy rain (with more forecast for today) there are numerous paths and trails as well as some of the car parks in Killarney National Park inaccessible and closed due to flooding.
Following last night’s heavy rain and with the ongoing Status Orange Rainfall warning still in place for County Kerry, the National Parks and Wildlife Service would like to notify the public that the following paths and trails are inaccessible to the public due to flooding:
• The mass path from Derrycunnihy to Lord Brandons cottage.
• The Old Kenmare road from Derrycunnihy (through Incheens and Ullauns) where the Galway’s River has burst its banks.
• The Muckross-Dinis loop / peninsula.
• The Old Kenmare Road at Cores / Esknamucky.
• From Ross Castle through Reen.
• The river walk from Whites Bridge to the Game Wood.
• The Lower road in Tomies wood.
The Ross Castle car parks are also not open to the public due to flooding.
The public are asked to adhere to Met Eireann guidelines and to use discretion when visiting Killarney National Park in the course of the current weather alert.