Department of Transport
Published on 31 July 2019
Last updated on 3 May 2022
As Secretary General, Ken has the following responsibilities:
• facilitating high performance through a positive culture and encouraging working environment
• ensuring high standards of governance within the department and its agencies
• leading and managing the business generally of the department
• implementing government policies appropriate to the department
• monitoring government policies that affect the department
• delivering outputs as determined by the Minister
• providing policy advice to the Minister on all matters within the remit of the department
• preparing Statements of Strategy for submission to the Minister and implementing those strategies
• ensuring proper use of resources and the provision of cost-effective public services
• delegation of responsibilities to other officers down through the department
• all HR matters relating to appointments, performance, discipline and dismissal of civil servants (up to the Principal grade).
This is a prototype - your feedback will help us to improve it.
Do not include any personal details in the box below.
The information you submit will be analysed to improve the
site and will not be responded to individually.