Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine
Published on 16 March 2021
Last updated on 22 December 2021
The Dairy Beef Calf Programme supports beef farmers who are rearing calves from the dairy herd.
You can apply if you
• Are the owner of an active herd number with Herd Owner status
• Submit a Basic Payment Scheme application in 2021,
and had either,
• a male calf of a dairy breed
• a male or female calf of a beef breed sire born to a dairy breed dam in your herd
These eligible calves must have been:
• in your herd for at least 10 days before weighing
• born on or after 1 January 2021
• you must weigh a minimum of 5 eligible calves and submit the weights to the ICBF
• all weights should be submitted within 7 days of weighing and before 1 November 2021
• calves must be at least 12 weeks old at the time of weighing
You can get up to €20 per eligible calf weighed. You must weigh at least 5 eligible calves and no more than 20.
The weights must be submitted to the ICBF for you to get a payment.
Payments will be made in December 2021.
Applications must be made on agfood.ie
The closing date for applications is 26 April 2021.
This is an outline of the Measure . You must read the Terms and Conditions for full information.
Dairy Beef Calf Programme - Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions of the Dairy Beef Calf Programme
Dairy Beef Calf Programme - Information Note
Dairy Beef Calf Programme - Guide
a guide to applying for the Dairy Beef Calf Programme on agfood.ie
This is a prototype - your feedback will help us to improve it.
Do not include any personal details in the box below.
The information you submit will be analysed to improve the
site and will not be responded to individually.