A notice about cookies

This website uses cookies. Some cookies may have been set already. To find out more about our use of cookies you can visit our Privacy policy. By browsing this website, you agree to our use of cookies.


This is a prototype - your feedback will help us to improve it.


Apply for a Road Transport Operator Licence

From: Department of Transport, Tourism and Sport

Application facility allowing transport operators (haulage and passenger) to apply for, or amend, a Road Transport Operator Licence (RTOL). You must have a RTOL if you transport goods using a vehicle with a maximum permitted weight above 3.5 tonnes, or you transport nine or more passengers in a suitable vehicle.