The Beef Data and Genomics Programme (BDGP) formed part of Ireland's Rural Development Programme 2014-2020. In December 2020, approval was received for the continuity of BDGP in 2021 for eligible participants who wished to continue in the Programme. A further annual extension of the 2021 BDGP contract is now being offered to all 2021 BDGP participants. Closing date is MONDAY 20 December 2021 at 5PM.
Who is eligible to apply
This extension is open to 2021 BDGP participants.
How to qualify
To be eligible for payments you must follow the measures set out in the programme, which include:
• recording calving details
• genotyping animals
• completing surveys
• maintaining a proportion of high genetic merit animals
• completing a Carbon Navigator update
• For applicants using a stock bull, at least one animal on the holding on the 30th June 2022 must be a genotyped 4 or 5 star bull
• At least 80% is the AI used on participating holdings must be from 4 or 5 star bulls
• 50% of the reference number of heifers/eligible suckler cows must be 4/5 star on each holding on 31st October 2022.
You must read the Terms and Conditions for full information
Beef Data and Genomics Programme 2022 Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions of Beef Data and Genomics Programme 2022
Payment will be made at a rate of €142.50 for each of the first 6.66 hectares of eligible forage land and €120 on the remaining eligible hectares.
The eligible hectares on which you are entitled to claim is calculated as the number of calved cows on your holding in 2014 divided by a standard stocking rate of 1.5, up to the limit of the declared forage land deemed eligible.
Eligible land is declared on your 2014 Single Payment Scheme application.
How to Apply
You may apply by SMS message, which will issue to those BDGP 2021 applicants who have signed up with the Department to receive text messages on Friday 10th December 2021 , or login or register at agfood.ie
The closing date for receipt of applications is 5 pm on 20 December 2021.
If your login or password are expired and need to be renewed please contact the Department’s helpdesk.
Agfood Online Services Helpdesk
Government Offices, Farnham Street, Cavan, Co Cavan, H12 D459