The BDGP was structured to run for 6 years from 2015 to 2020 . In December 2020 approval was received from the EU Commission for BDGP to continue for 2021 for eligible participants who wish to continue in the programme. The closing date for receipt of applications is 15 January 2021.
Who is eligible to apply
This extension is open to those BDGP participants who have already met the requirements for the full six-year duration of BDGP 2015 - 2020.
How to qualify
To be eligible for payments you must follow the measures set out in the programme, which include:
• recording calving details
• genotying animals
• completing surveys
• maintaining a proportion of high genetic merit animals
• completing a Carbon Navigator update
• For applicants using a stock bull, at least one animal on the holding on the 30th June 2021 must be a genotyped 4 or 5 star bull
• At least 80% is the AI used on participating holdings must be from 4 or 5 star bulls
• 50% of the reference number of heifers/eligible suckler cows must be 4/5 star on each holding on 31st October 2021
You must read the Terms and Conditions for full information
Terms and Conditions of Beef Data and Genomics Programme 2021
Payment will be made at a rate of €142.50 for each of the first 6.66 hectares of eligible forage land and €120 on the remaining eligible hectares.
The eligible hectares on which you are entitled to claim is calcula[document 102044 ]ted as the number of calved cows on your holding in 2014 divided by a standard stocking rate of 1.5, up to the limit of the declared forage land deemed eligible.
Eligible land is declared on your 2014 Single Payment Scheme application.
How to Apply
You may apply
by SMS message which will issue to those BDGP 2015 – 2020 applicants who have signed up with the Department to receive text messages, or
login or register at agfood.ie .
The closing date for receipt of applications is 15 January 2021.
If your login or password are expired and need to be renewed please contact the Department’s helpdesk.
Agfood Online Services Helpdesk
Government Offices, Farnham Street
, Co Cavan
, H12 D459