Digital Strategy for Schools Consultation Framework
The current Digital Strategy for Schools 2015-2020
expires at the end of this school year and the development of a new strategy is now underway. The new strategy will build on the existing one whilst also taking into account the progress made to date in embedding digital technologies in teaching, learning and assessment, new developments in digital technologies as well as any emerging priorities.
It is important that we engage as many teachers and principals as possible. Please use the graphics below to share with your colleagues and on your social media channels
Shape the new Digital Strategy for Schools - Principals
In order to ensure a comprehensive review of the existing Digital Strategy for Schools 2015-2020 and to inform the development of the new strategy, a wide-ranging inclusive consultation framework is required to ensure a meaningful and effective consultation process. The new Digital Strategy for Schools Consultation Framework proposes the following approach to allow for this:
1. Open public call for written submissions, now open at link
2. An easily accessible digital questionnaire for all teachers, principals and students
3. Focus groups on specific themes with main stakeholders (for e.g. education partners, industry, students, parents)
4. Establishment of a core Consultative Group, which will include the management bodies, unions, parents’ representative bodies and industry representatives. The Consultative Group will meet on a regular basis with other key stakeholders invited to attend depending on the themes to be discussed.
5. Bilateral meetings with other Departments and Agencies , including Northern Ireland, the EU and the UK
Any queries in relation to this template and any other element of the development of the new digital strategy can also be submitted to DSSP2021@education.gov.ie