This is a prototype - your feedback will help us to improve it.


Apply for Widow(er)'s Contributory Pension

From: Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection

Apply for the Widow(er)'s Contributory Pension (if you are a resident in the Republic of Ireland). Widow's, Widower's or Surviving Civil Partner's (Contributory) Pension is a weekly payment to the husband, wife or civil partner of a deceased person. This payment was formerly called the Widow's/Widower's (Contributory) Pension. Either you or your deceased spouse or civil partner must have enough social insurance contributions (PRSI). To qualify, you must be a widow, widower or surviving civil partner and you must not be cohabiting with another person.