A notice about cookies

This website uses cookies. Some cookies may have been set already. To find out more about our use of cookies you can visit our Privacy policy. By browsing this website, you agree to our use of cookies.


This is a prototype - your feedback will help us to improve it.


Services available to Jobseekers on MyWelfare.ie

From: Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection

You will need a verified MyGovID account to access these services. You will need a Public Services Card (PSC) and to be SAFE registered in order to have a verified MyGovID account.

Apply for Jobseeker's Payment

Customers who have a verified MyGovID account can make a claim online for a jobseeker's payment.

If you are unemployed, you may be eligible for Jobseeker's Benefit or Jobseeker's Allowance.

You may be eligible for Jobseeker's Allowance if you don't qualify for Jobseeker's Benefit.

Claims and Benefits Information

Jobseekers with a verified MyGovID account can close their claim online.

You may still be eligible for certain schemes and services.

Submit a Work and Skills form

The Work and Skills Form allows this department to get details in relation to your education, qualifications, work history and work preferences.

This helps the department to support you in getting employment.

You can only submit a Work and Skills form if you have been asked to do so by this department. You will be notified through your MyWelfare account.

Submit a Jobseeker's Holiday Application

Jobseekers with a verified MyGovID account can inform this department about any upcoming holidays.

You can apply for a maximum of two weeks' holidays in each calendar year.

You must give a minimum of 10 days' notice and you can only apply up to 21 days in advance.

Payment Statement

Jobseekers with a verified MyGovID account can request a payment statement. This is a record of the amount paid to you by this department for a period of time.

Paper applications for Jobseeker's Payment

If you want to submit a paper application, please download one of the forms at the bottom of this page. You can also pick up a copy from your local Intreo Centre.

If you have never claimed a jobseeker's payment OR if it is more than 2 years since you last claimed, print application form UP 1.

If it is less than 2 years since you last claimed, print application form UP 6.

Completed application forms can be given to your local Intreo Centre or Branch Office.

Application form Jobseeker's Allowance or Jobseeker's Benefit (UP1)

Application form for Jobseeker's Allowance or Jobseeker's Benefit. (UP1)


Repeat Claim for Jobseeker's (UP6) form

If you are making a repeat claim (less than 6 months since your last claim), you complete a repeat claim form known as a UP 6.