The Department of Children and Youth Affairs has published a list of qualifications that meet the regulatory requirements for working in the Early Years sector in Ireland.
If your early childhood care and education qualification does not appear on the list you may apply to have it assessed for approval by providing the department with the following documentation:
- fully completed application form, which can be downloaded below
- a copy of the award certificate for your qualification
- full academic transcripts for your qualification
- evidence of professional practice. This could be a reference from an employer or any practice placement completed as part of the course. This practice must be relevant to early years
Qualification Recognition for work in the Early Learning and Care sector in Ireland.
Please note the following:
- applications can only be accepted from the person who holds the qualification to be assessed and cannot be accepted from a third party (such as an employer or prospective employer)
- information about the status of an application cannot be provided to a third party
- please sign and date the application form (unsigned forms cannot be accepted)
- documents must be in English or Irish, any documents not originally in English or Irish must be accompanied with a certified translation to English or Irish
- DCYA will issue a Letter of Eligibility to Practice in respect of successful applications